Saturday, October 4, 2008

At the Mercy of Time Warner Cable

I MUST SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE TYRANNICAL FORCE THAT IS TIME WARNER CABLE!
Who are these people anyway? What gives them the right to monopolize the world. I have just about had it with them. We have everything with CABLE...phone, internet,wireless internet and both basic and digital cable tv. After one month since we had the wireless connected, we can honestly say yes, our phone works and our internet is up and running. We have suffered with intermittent internet service and terrible voice quality along with no dail tone on our phone for over 4 weeks.

Furthermore, you become a prisoner of your own house while you wait for the technician who will come by anytime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. When they don't show up you use up your cellphone minutes trying to get information over the phone. They always ask you to do the same damn thing. "Please disconnect the power to the modem and then reconnect it". When that doesn't work your call is then forwarded to some place in India where you are then connected to "Marvin" or "Patrick" who apologize for your inconvenience and proceed to tell you "please disconnect the power to the modem and then reconnect it". At the end of a very frustrating call they always thank you for choosing Time Warner Cable.

I finally had success this week when Mike and Alfredo came by unannounced and proceeded to change out cables from the pole, installed new splitters and checked everything out. They investigated the number of times I had called and the number of times a technician failed to show up. They even gave me their cellphone number in case I had anymore problems. The next day I did have a problem and I called their number and they came out and took care of it. I am still in shock...but I have to say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! YOU GUYS DID AN AWESOME JOB AND DESERVE A MEDAL!

No comments: